Low Lunch Balance Alerts are set up individually at the building level.
- From the SwiftK12 page;, go to Settings button in top right-hand corner; go to Automated Alerting Settings box; go to Lunch Balances; go to Manage Lunch Balance Alerts page and click blue button on right to Add Lunch Balance Alert)
- On Lunch Balance Settings, go through the following simple steps to set up your automated alert.
- Alert Creation
- Click On button to Enable Lunch Balance Alert
- Give your alert a specific name to make it easy to identify at a later date.
- Set an alert time by clicking the time box and using the selector provided. For instance, many schools select an evening time as a reminder for the next day.
- Pick the days of the week you wish to send the alert. For instance, many schools send their low lunch alert once a week on a Sunday as a reminder for Monday morning.
- Select the Grade Levels you wish to send alerts to. The options will pre-population from PowerSchool.
- Select the Lunch Statuses you wish to send alerts on. The options will pre-populate from PowerSchool. For instance, many schools exclude Low Lunch Balance Alerts to “Reduced” or “Free” lunch.
- Select “Exclude Zero Balance” if you do not wish to send alerts on accounts with $0.00 balances.
- Select the Minimum Balance which will be the lunch balance that triggers an alert.
- Message Types
- Your language preferences should be preset. In most cases, English is set as the default language.
- Select the type of message to send; email, sms/text, and/or voice.
- If you are using the same message for all types, you select “basic” to enter your message content. If you are using different messages for each type select “advanced”.
- Compose Message
- Compose your message, using merge fields as desired. Here is one suggested message script:
- Alert Creation
This is a message from ABC School. Your student, [firstname/] has a low lunch
balance of [balance/] as of [today/]. Please send payment with your student or
call the school office at 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 with questions.
- Save Alert
- Review the details of your Alert here to make sure they are accurate before you click “save and continue”.
- On the “Manage Lunch Balance Alerts” page, you will now see your newly created alert and have the capability to edit, remove, or temporarily disable it, as needed.