How to perform an export in SwiftK12’s Standalone.
If you are using SwiftK12’s Standalone and not using a 3rd party Student Information System please see the below instructions on how to update your contacts directly in SwiftK12.
This includes but isn’t limited to, exporting the student and staff lists, changing grades and/or schools for the students, removing graduated students or students who are no longer in the school, adding new students to the csv and then re-importing the file back into SwiftK12.
How to perform an export in SwiftK12 Standalone
- Login to SwiftK12 at https://k12.swiftreach.com
- Go to Settings on the top right of the page.
- Click on “Export Student/Staff” under the Data Import section on the bottom right of the page.
- Fill out the email address you wish the exports to be received.
- Place a check in the box for Export Student, Export Staff, or both.
- Click the green "Export” button.
- You will receive a separate email for Students and Staff exports.
- The files will come in as attachments in the emails.
- Double click on the attachment.
- Click Open- Double click on the file that appears.
- Make changes to file if needed.
- Click SAVE
- Changes have been made and can be re-imported back into the system.
- Note: You will need to import the student file and the staff file separately.
*The files will come in .csv format, already formatted to match your field mapping for your account so it can easily be re-imported back into SwiftK12 after changes are made.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not modify, remove, or add any column header in the csv. This will negate the files ability to be re-imported because it will no longer match the field mapping setup on your account.